Beginning in January 2014, From the Heart of the Church (FHC) is an annually-published student journal aimed at spotlighting excellent written work of students in any field within the School of Christian Studies. A staff of HPU students, assisted by two faculty advisors, review, select, and prepare the essays for publication. The goal of the journal is to encourage strong written work from all students and to develop the sort of nuanced word care that is essential for good Christian ministry. Issues are usually published at the end of the fall semester.
- Submissions related to any Christian Studies topic (biblical, theological, ministry studies) will be considered for publication.
- Submissions will be accepted from any student currently enrolled at Howard Payne University, although preference will be given to undergraduate students.
- Submissions should be at least 1000 words (approx. 3 pages) in length, and submissions of any length over that minimum will be considered. Submissions should follow the style guidelines available here.
- Submissions must be emailed by attachment (Microsoft Word format) to ChristianStudies@preview.it.ardentcreative.com/old-hpu-2019 with “Journal Submission” in the subject line.
- The journal follows an anonymous reviewing procedure. Therefore, identifying information such as author’s name, social security number, course information, etc. should not appear anywhere in the text of the submission itself. On a separate page, authors should include the following information.
- The title of the paper
- Author’s name, major field of study, and semester of expected graduation
- Valid email address where author can be consistently contacted
- If the paper was originally written for a course, the author should indicate for what course and in which semester the paper was written
- Authors will receive an initial response regarding their submission within one month of their submission.