KTXS/KTXE TV, Abilene, TX – Human Resources Coordinator: Responsible for the HR and accounting functions of the station, in addition to fulfilling administrative needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the Human Resources function under the general direction of the Business Manager and Corporate Human Resources
• Recruiting and hiring compliance in accordance with FCC/EEO regulations
• Conduct new hire orientation and exit interviews
• Complete paperwork related to hiring, termination and status and benefit changes
• Act as a liaison between employees, Corp HR and/or vendors to answer questions about benefits, company policy or other related concerns
• File and maintain confidential personnel and other HR records
• Assist with FCC/EEO compliance reporting
• Leave administration
• Prepare and review of payroll process
• Greet guests and perform daily administrative tasks
• Maintain files
• Maintain sufficient supplies/inventory
• Assist with accounting clerical duties and other tasks as assigned
• Must be detail-oriented and exceptionally well organized
• Great people skills and a positive, can-do attitude are essential
• Must take initiative and be a problem-solver
• The ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• An associates or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent
• A minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in human resources
• Accounts Payable experience is plus
• 2 or more years of receptionist experience is preferred
• Previous broadcast experience is a plus
To view a complete job description or apply for this position, click the following link: Human Resources Coordinator
KTXS TV, Abilene, TX – News Producer: In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our morning newscast. This position will also work closely with the Morning Anchor, Senior Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. You will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site.
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
- A degree in journalism or a related field is required
- Previous news producing experience is a plus
- Experience with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews, is a big plus
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. Please, no phone calls.
To view a complete job description or apply for this position, click the following link: News Producer
Sinclair Broadcasting/KTXS, Abilene, TX – Master Control Operator: KTXS is seeking a Master Control Operator. The winning candidate must be versatile and capable of learning specialized software applications and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment. You must have great attention to detail, excellent computer skills, and must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Broadcast Operations including setting up, controlling and monitoring television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience
- On-air switching, dubbing and transferring programs
- Gathering satellite feeds for broadcast use
- Preparation and operation of equipment (before, during and after live newscasts)
- Support the production of newscasts and other live or taped programming for television and multi-platform use
- Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as a Master Control Operator is preferred
To view a complete job description: Master Control Operator
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol Agent Intern/Trainee Positions: Students enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, in a qualifying educational institutions.
The United States Border Patrol (USBP) within CBP is hiring 20 Border Patrol Agent Student Interns/Trainees in El Paso, Texas and Tucson, Arizona to execute its mission of preventing the entry of terrorists and their weapons from entering the United States; and preventing the illicit trafficking of people and contraband between official CBP ports of entry. Border Patrol Agents (BPA) are responsible for the detection, prevention and apprehension and/or deterrence of terrorists, terrorist weapons, undocumented aliens and smugglers of aliens at or near the land border by maintaining surveillance from a covert position, responding to electronic sensor television systems and aircraft sightings. BPA Student Intern/Trainees support Border Patrol Agents in detainee processing, and field and program support. BPA Student Trainees do not need experience for the internship and receive training for the duration of the internship.
Apply directly to US Border Patrol Student Trainee jobs and internships at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506312000
Custodian, Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept., Lake Brownwood State Park: To view a complete job description or apply for this position, click the following link: Custodian Position
Management Trainee, Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Regardless of college major or professional experience, nearly 100% of our full-time employees start out in our Management Training Program. This allows everyone to learn our business from the ground up and understand how they play a significant role in seeing it succeed. Once you’ve completed your initial orientation and training, you’ll be assigned to a branch office in your home area and the hands-on training begins. You’ll learn valuable business skills from capable mentors who were once in your shoes. Nearly 100% of all our managers and corporate executives started out as Management Trainees. During your first year, you will actively participate in everything from sales and marketing and customer service to operations and finance. As you progress, you will be tested and evaluated to determine your proficiency in these areas. Successful completion of these tests and evaluations will result in rewards, pay increases and the opportunity for continued promotions. As you progress, increasingly more opportunities will become available to you. You can choose, as most people do, to continue your rewarding ascent within our Rental Operations managerial track or you can explore one of many other exciting options including Fleet Management, Human Resources, Car Sales, Accounting, Marketing and more. As a Management Trainee, you are empowered to make business decisions that greatly affect your career as well as the bottom line. You’ll gain responsibility for developing new business and maintaining current relationships. You’ll be responsible for understanding cost control, reading your branch’s P&L statement and understanding what it takes to run a profitable business. You will also learn how to deliver superior customer service. We will teach you how to effectively communicate, influence and interact with all types of customers, vendors and co-workers. You’ll learn proper sales techniques to problem solving and conflict management. Those skills will provide you with the opportunity to market to local business partners and build solid, long-lasting relationships with key business decision-makers. In your development to become a successful manager at Enterprise, you’ll learn how to mentor, train, develop, manage and promote a staff of your own. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Monthly Salary: $4200.00
Apply On-Line at: https://careers.enterprise.com/
Click To View Local Temp To Hire Positions
The following is a listing of job search sites that will help provide a robust database of part-time and full-time career opportunities, along with internship possibilities: